Job Opening: Professional Assistant Located in Oregon
Job Title: Professional Assistant, .5FTE No benefits Pay: $12-$15 per hour 20 hours per week, with opportunity for more. Job Location: Molalla, Oregon with possible opportunities to work remotely.
Start Date: June 1, 2014
SRAP is a grassroots organization that educates the public about the devastating effects of factory farms, while working directly with the communities most heavily impacted by these animal factories. Through education, advocacy, and community organizing, SRAP empowers rural communities to protect themselves from factory farms and provides guidance and assistance to communities seeking to develop healthy, sustainable alternatives to industrialized livestock production.
We are seeking to fill the position of Professional Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer. The role of Professional Assistant is to provide support staffing and office management in a dynamic work environment with many moving pieces. The ideal candidate for this position will be a person that is a highly motivated self-starter, who is able to work well independently and with a team of people across the country. This ideal person will be very organized and have the ability to help others remain organized in what can be a fast-paced work place. A good attitude with a sense of humor and an ability to just roll with it are a must.
Job responsibilities could include but are not limited to:
- Office management – inventory of supplies and purchasing; paying bills, filing receipts and answering phones;
- Mailing materials out to field employees when needed;
- Maintaining calendar for appointments, making travel arrangements when necessary;
- Making phone calls to clients and partner organizations;
- Editing website; overseeing social media;
- Layout and design of printed materials;
- Data entry;
- Being responsive to whatever needs to be done.
- Minimum Associate Degree or equivalent work experience;
- Must have a car, be willing to travel and have a valid drivers’ license;
- Must have a flexible schedule and ability to work some evenings and weekends and travel when necessary;
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable with talking on the phone and communicating via email;
- Must have working understanding of basic computer programs like MS Word, MS Excel, Gmail and Google Docs;
- Experience with WordPress, Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest etc.;
- Working knowledge of agricultural issues, previous grassroots organizing experience or political campaigning experiences are huge bonuses.
To apply email cover letter, resume and a writing sample (one!) to firstname.lastname@example.org and write Professional Assistant Position in the subject line. Please Do not call to inquire about this position. Deadline to Apply is Friday, April 25th. Position will remain open until filled.
Socially Responsible Agricultural Project provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.