For more than 20 years, Socially Responsible Agriculture Project (SRAP) has served as a mobilizing force to empower communities to protect themselves from the damages caused by industrial livestock operations and to advocate for a food system built on regenerative practices, justice, democracy, and resilience. Our team includes technical experts, independent family farmers, and rural residents who have faced the threats of factory farms in their communities. When asked for help, SRAP offers free support, providing communities with the knowledge and skills to protect their right to clean water, air, and soil and to a healthy, just, and vibrant future.
SRAP is seeking to hire an Operations Assistant to perform administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization. The Operations Assistant will report to SRAP’s Operations and Human Resources Director. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the organization’s virtual mailbox.
- Maintains company records.
- Performs basic data entry into various systems.
- Uploads bills and reimbursements for approval.
- Tracks employee credit card usage and receipts.
- Codes credit card transactions and deposits in QuickBooks Online.
- Provides administrative support during the recruitment process.
- Manages inventory and supplies.
- Updates and shares information with staff.
- Schedules meetings and training sessions as needed.
- Assists with events and team meeting logistics.
- Provides tech support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and prior related experience, preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workplace suites.
- Experience with QuickBooks desired.
- Highly motivated, self-starter with excellent organization skills and ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks with strong attention to detail.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent time and task management skills.
- Proven ability to work as a team player with diverse groups.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
Experience and knowledge of sustainable food and agriculture systems, as well as a knowledge of the impacts of industrial agriculture, a plus.
Compensation: Salary of $35,000 to $45,000, dependent upon experience. Benefits include fully covered health, vision, dental and life insurance as well as a 403b retirement plan and generous paid time off.
Location: Remote position with some travel expected.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to the attention of Katie Engelman, Director of Operations and Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the position title of Operations Assistant in the subject of the email. No phone calls, please. We will begin reviewing applications on September 7 and the position will remain open until filled.
SRAP is a proud equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, disability, marital status, veteran status or other status protected by law.
SRAP is committed to creating an inclusive organization and we believe that having a staff that is reflective of the communities we serve will help best advance our mission. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.