As industrial poultry production expands in the region, Delmarva citizens gather Wednesday on how to keep their communities, environment & waterways healthy and safe
WHAT: A dynamic, interview-based public education meeting with issue experts for local citizens concerned about the impact of the industrial poultry industry on their lives, health, communities and environment. Hosted by Assateague Coastal Trust and the Assateague COASTKEEPER.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 16, 2015 | 6:00-8:00pm ET
WHERE: Richard A. Henson Center, University of Maryland Eastern Shore 30665 Student Services Center Lane, Princess Anne, MD 21853 Directions: https://www.umes.edu/Henson/Default.aspx?id=49289
JOIN US for this townhall public discussion and Q&A moderated by Marc Steiner, host of The Marc Steiner Show, a production of the Center for Emerging Media. Steiner will be interviewing a wide-ranging panel of public health, legal and industrial animal facility issue experts, including:
- Dr. Jillian Fry Johns Hopkins University, Center for a Livable Future
- Dr. Sacoby Wilson University of Maryland, School of Public Health
- Maria Payan Socially Responsible Agricultural Project
- Michele Merkel Food & Water Justice, Food & Water Watch
- Rev. Charles Bagley Pocomoke NAACP
- Residents of MD, DE and PA active in efforts to protect their communities, environment and health
Local citizens often believe they have no ˜say’ in what happens next when industrial agriculture giants target their communities for the operation of polluting, life disrupting and community changing animal production facilities. This meeting will present information, expertise and real-world testimony on why Delmarva citizens have the tools and the opportunity to turn back the current tide of industrial agriculture expansion in their communities.
For more information, please contact:
Assateague Coastal Trust
Socially Responsible Agricultural Project